21 May 2015

(151) Jim Jarmusch about the Stratfordian conspiracy:

Jarmush: I just put Marlowe in there 

because another great conspiracy for me is Marlowe’s death. I don’t buy his death. It seems completely absurd ......



one of the greatest conspiracies ever perpetrated on humans. 





nr 38 Jim Jarmusch


In an interview of Online "Vulture" of New York Magazine  American independent film director, screenwriter, actor, producer, editor and Composer. ->Jim Jarmusch was asked about the Shakespeare Authorship controversy?
            Vulture: Do you believe in the so-called Stratfordian Conspiracy?

Jim Jarmusch:

Yeah, I’m a definite total anti-Stratfordian completely. (...) But I do think it’s one of the biggest conspiracies, at least literary, perpetrated. And one of the greatest conspiracies ever perpetrated on humans. I think it’s ridiculous. I’m not alone. (...). 

I just put Marlowe in there because another great conspiracy for me is Marlowe’s death. I don’t buy his death. It seems completely absurd also. (...) the man William Shakespeare, I believe, was illiterate and couldn’t even write his own name from what we can see. 
There’s not a single manuscript in his hand that has anything to do with literature. Come on — how could that possibly be true? (...) They needed some kind of frontman. He got rich; we’re not quite sure why. He probably got paid off..... I’ve had Stratfordians get so upset I thought they were gonna burst into tears. I understand because they’ve invested their whole being into the mythology of this man. 
But the truth is that everything we know about the man William Shakespeare fits on four pages of text — that’s it. Anyone who writes anything longer, they’re making shit up. That’s just the way it is, no matter what they say. I’m not buying it. I never will. I don’t know if it’ll ever come to light or be proven. They did a pretty damn good job of covering it up.

A small selection of Shakspere Doubters [Anti-Stratfordians]:[In case of interest click corresponding Wikipedia entry)1,   2,   3,   4,   56,   7,   8,   9
10,  11121314,   1516,  1718,
19,  20,   21222324252627,
2829,  30,   31,  32,  33,   34,  3536
3738394041,  42434445,464748495051525354,
555657585960616263,
6465666768 .-  
____________________

John Hurt and Christopher Marlowe - Interview