May 08, 2015

(132) Stanley Wells: What about new clues and evidence in the authorship debate?

Sir  S T A N L Y   W E L L S  ( 6 )

 dismisses extensive scientific Articles or Books 
as guesswork!




 Elderly British Shakespeare  Professor Sir  →Stanley Wells in a Swiss TV Interview (starting at min: 17.00 lately erased!) on the Shakespeare authorship issue replyed to the question     
          
 What do you think about new clues 
and evidence in the authorship debate?

Stanley Wells (Excerpt): 

I don’t really care because I have no confidence in any of this sort of guesswork. Over many years now, over 50 or more years of Shakespeare studies I have read so many silly things, about the opposition for Shakespeare plays, so many attempts to prove different things about them and from them that I haven’t got much patience with any fresh attempt to do so…

It is noteworthy that Stanley Wells dismisses extensive scientific  →
Articles or →Books as guesswork! One should accept, that Wells has simply ground to a halt somewhere along the  line of his  late life. That's in accordance with
______________________________________________________________


 Max Planck's final thoughts
at the end of his life:(1948)


“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponent die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.”