22 Jan 2015

(22) Ros Barber: Shakespeare authorship , an absolute Taboo

...I discovered, when I started researching the novel, 

that it's completely Taboo!




Ros Barber, PhD. English writer, was recently awarded for her literary debut of a fictional novel, "The Marlowe Papers' [in verses(!)] with the Desmond Elliott Prize.

The novel weaves the historical and literary facts about Christopher Marlowe in her fictional story. She is convinced that Christopher Marlowe was the true author of Shakespeare's works.

In an
interview with the BBC she spoke candidly about on what an absolute taboo topic she had, unknowingly, taken in the context of her research with Marlowe.

"One of the things that fascinated me most, was to discover,
when I started researching the novel, that it's completely taboo". 

Early on she was aware that - if she  would have made ​​no research as a writer for her fictional story, but would have occurred as a scientist, she would never have got an access  permit  to Englich universities to conduct research on this topic.

"It was made ​​very clear to me that if I was not researching it in order to write a work of fiction, I would not be allowed to research it at a British university at all"