31 Jan 2016

(386)Who was Edmond Howes ? Any relation to the Shakespeare authorship Problem ? (-1-)

Not a single intellectual trace of the worlds most powerfull "brain"during 
his 25 years in London !


The Authorship Absurdity of William Shakspere (Stratford):


            John Stow 1605

Edmond Howes 1607

1607


1607


John Stow  an English historian, wrote  "The Annales,  Chronicle of England"  from 1565 until his death 1605 (reprinted and enlarged 15 times.)
After his death a new author Edmund Howes in 1607 continued the Chronicles (The Abridgement ... "with matters forreign and domestical) reprinted 1611, 1615, 1631) signfi-cantly enlarged:   



           Who was  Edmond Howes?

Since   virtually nothing is known about  him we are dependent on the information


A) of his  preface "to the honest and friendly" Reader  1607 (See faksimile excerpts ) and


B) of his "Epistle Dedicatoire" to the Lord Major of London  Henrie Rowe.

In his preface (A) he argues why he is enlarging Stowe's  book,  he complaines [pluralis majestatis] that there was a memorable accident which resulted to be buried in oblivion and that he stands amazed, heaving already been condemned, and judged before he was tried or heard to speake.

In his Epistle (B)  he reveals the reasons for the secrecy of his name...he does not want to leave a scandal for posterity.  - 

 Small exerpt of the Epistle: 

I entered into particular conference with every man whose names hade been divulged.[who divulged my name]. Some of them of honorable rancke, and reverend qualities:  all of them learned, and of good sufficiencie, some wherof answered me, they thought that the giving out of their [my] names in this sort, was rather done by their secret enemies, of purpose to draw them into capital displeasure, and to bring their [my] names and lives into a general question , then for any other good; other said , Who doth this worke must flatter, which I can not, neither will I wilfully leave a scandal unto my posteritie….I thanke God I am not yet madd, to waste my time,s pend two hundred pound a yeare , trouble my selfe, and all my friends, only to gaine assuranceof endlesse reproch , losse of libertie, and bring all my dayes in question, and....


Who might be behind Edmond Howes?
 Couldn't he be a nonexistent intellectual trace of the "real" or "true" Shakespeare, we are looking for? (see next 2 Blogs)

... 
who by an accident was buried in oblivion...had already been condemned ...had lost his liberty ...brought his name and live into a general question.....